A common question that is often asked when someone contacts us regarding moving to The Lakes of Paducah is, “Who is your typical resident?” At The Lakes of Paducah we don’t have a “typical resident,” the variety of our residents and their needs are just one of the many things that we love about our community!
Below are some interesting facts that we have found by searching the National Center for Assisted Living; these are some things to keep in mind when trying to make the decision if Assisted Living is right for you!
Remember these facts are not “our” facts but some that we found interesting and thought you might too!
According to the Overview, published by The National Center for Assisted Living, here’s what they found:
- Typical Resident – The typical resident is a woman about 87 years old who is mobile, but needs assistance with approximately two to three activities of daily living. She would have two to three of the Top 10 chronic conditions.
- Percentage of All Residents By Age Groups: In 2010, 54 percent of assisted living residents are 85 years or older; 7 percent are 75-84 years old; 9 percent of residents are between 65 and 74 years; and 11 percent are younger than 65 years old.
- Gender – Seventy-four percent assisted living residents are female; 26 percent are male.
- The number of Residents – More than 735,000 people nationwide live in assisted living settings.
- Activities of Daily Living – Thirty-eight percent of residents received assistance with three or more needs.